Apple Academic Press
330 pages | 11 Color Illus. | 1 B/W Illus.
This new book on the sustainable management of insect pests in important vegetables offers valuable management strategies in detail. It focuses on eco-friendly technology and approaches to mitigating the damage causes by insect pests with special reference to newer insecticides. Chapters in Management of Insect Pests in Vegetable Crops: Concepts and Approaches provide an introduction to vegetable entomology and go on to present a plethora of research on sustainable eco-friendly pest management strategies for root vegetables, spice crops, tuber crops, and more. It looks at the damage done by snails, slugs, phytophaous mites of vegetable crops and presents management strategies.
Vegetable crops that are infested by several insect pests right from the nursery to the harvesting stage cause enormous crop losses. Given that it is estimated that up to 40 percent of global crops are lost to agricultural pests each year, new research on effective management strategies is vital.
2. Eco-Friendly Pest Management Strategies for Root Vegetable Crops
Kalmesh Managanvi, Ramanuj Vishwakarma and Jaba Jagdish
3. Insect Pest of Ginger and Turmeric and Their Management
Budhachandra Thangjam and Navendu Nair
4. Insect Pests of Cumin and Their Management
Geetanjly et al.
5. Insect Pests of Cucurbitaceous Vegetables Crops
Hari Chand Ingle Dipakshyamrao
6. Phytophagous Mites of Vegetable Crops and Their Management
Pushpa Singh, R. N. Singh, and C. P. Srivastva
7. Mite Problems in Spice Crops and Their Management
Mrinalini Kumari and Dinesh Prasad Gond
8. Pesticide Residues in Vegetables
9. Insect Pests of Tomato and Their Management
10. Insect of Tuber Crop and Their Management
P. Chand, Amit Singh, and R. Vishwakarma
11. Problem of Snails and Slugs in Vegetable Crops and Their Management