How to manage and respond to escalating violence towards staff working in the human services is a pressing professional problem. This workbook:
- empowers individuals by providing a range of useful useful skills that can help in managing aggression
- enables staff placed in difficult or dangerous situations by their employers to address the issue effectively
- clarifies the responsibilities of the manager in ensuring staff are safeguarded
- builds confidence in staff and their managers by offering workable solutions to reducing levels of aggression in the workplace.
Highlighting examples of good and bad practice, Managing Aggression is a book for anyone who has ever faced, or is likely to face, aggression at work.
Table of Contents
1. The Workplace Culture 2. Harassment and Bullying within the Workplace 3. Reducing Levels of Aggression 4. Organisational Responses and Responsibilities 5. Safety First and Practical Ideas 6. Ethnic, Culture and Gender Considerations 7. Triggers/Causes of Aggression 8. Managing Aggressive Behaviours 9. The Aftermath of Aggression 10. Inter-agency Considerations 11. Alternatives to Aggression 12. Case Studies