Manufacturing Inventory and Supply Analysis
A Mathematical Modelling Approach
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after October 12, 2021
This reference text discusses models/analyzes cases that are useful for material requirements planning (MRP), Just-in-Time (JIT), and supply chain environment, as well as traditional production-inventory systems.
It covers important concepts including production-inventory system, optimal purchase quantity, optimal production quantity, instantaneous procurement, multiple input items, sensitivity analysis, multiproduct manufacturing, determination of optimum cycle time, fractional backlogging, incorporating input item procurement, and flexibility in the production rate.
Aimed at senior undergraduate, graduate students, and professionals in the field of industrial engineering, production engineering, and manufacturing science, this text:
- Provides detailed models/analysis pertaining to various cases which are useful for material requirements planning and supply chain environment.
- Elaborates manufacturing rate flexibility, demand variation, and production rate variation.
- Discusses multi-item manufacturing environment and presents models with backorders as well as fractional backlogging.
- Analyzes flexible production rate along with upward and downward variations.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Batch size. 3. Batch size relevance for just-in-time (JIT). 4. Price variation. 5. Batch size for material requirements planning. 6. Multiproduct manufacturing. 7. Manufacturing rate flexibility. 8. Additional Reading. 9. Bibliography.
Sanjay Sharma is Professor at National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai, India. He is operations and supply chain management educator and researcher. He has more than the three decades experience including industrial, managerial, teaching/training, consultancy and research; also many awards/honours to his credit. He has published eight books and papers in various journals such as European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Computers & Operations Research, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Journal of the Operational Research Society, and Computers and Industrial Engineering. He is also on the editorial board of few journals including the International Journal of Logistics Management.