Marketing Planning in a Total Quality Environment
Marketing Planning in a Total Quality Environment is a how-to book designed for the marketing practitioner. It provides detailed information on how to prepare and implement a marketing plan based in a total quality environment.For the last twenty years, the authors, as marketing practitioners and educators, have been deeply involved in the planning processes of many corporations. This book, Marketing Planning in a Total Quality Environment, is the product of what they've learned over the years from working with these diverse corporations and their executives. The authors provide readers with each step in the total quality planning process, complete with check sheets and plan formats. After readers finish the book, they can prepare a quality-driven marketing plan that will be used and followed throughout the year--instead of becoming a shelf item.This book is for you and the many other marketing professionals who are faced with one or more of these situations:
- You're doing a good job, but you'd like to do even better.
- You're spending valuable time putting out fires. You lack time to do the things that need to be done.
- You're always having a hard time coordinating major marketing programs.
- You're faced with a major discrepancy between where you are and where you'd like to be; you've got a planning gap.
- You realize that you've got to offer your customers more quality if you're going to be competitive in the new market environment.
- You'd like to have a professional annual marketing plan--one that will be well received by management and will also keep you and your staff focused throughout the year.
Table of Contents
- Section I: Introduction
- The Need to Build Total Quality Into Your Marketing Plan
- The Need for a Formal Marketing Plan
- Involvement: The Key to Successful Total Quality Planning
- How to Make the Plan a Living Document
- The “Ideal” Method”
- The Micron Case
- The Role of the Marketing Plan in the Business Plan
- The Marketing Planning Process--An Overview
- Section II: The Eight Planning Steps
- Step 1. SWOTs: Present
- Step 2. SWOTs: Present (cont.)
- Step 3. SWOTs Present (cont.)
- Step 4. SWOTs Future
- Step 5. Gap Analysis
- Step 6. Examination of Strategic Options and Strategy Selection
- Step 7. Strategy Documentation and Evaluation
- Step 8. Fleshing Out, Documenting, and Formatting the Annual Marketing Plan
- Section III: Retrospect and Expectation
- A Look Back and a Look Ahead
- Section IV: Appendixes
- Appendix A: Section 1: Forecasting Techniques
- Section 2: Forecasting Rules of Thumb
- Appendix B: How to Adjust Financial Statements for Inflation
- Appendix C: Fact Book
- Appendix D: Product/Service-Target Market Plan
- Appendix E: Summary Marketing Plan
- Notess Index