This comprehensive new book is the first guide to applications in marketing concepts in church and ministry services. Demonstrations of marketing concepts and techniques for effectively meeting the needs of constituents dispel any negative connotations about marketing religious organizations. Straightforward presentations of basic marketing principles emphasize their use in churches or ministries. This invaluable book features two complete marketing plans--one for churches, one for ministries--as examples to use in developing your own marketing plan.Marketing for Churches and Ministries addresses:
- what marketing is and is not. It describes how marketing can be successfully used as a tool by a church ministry.
- constituent analysis, showing how analyzing needs is the starting point in planning.
- the steps involved in marketing planning.
- program decisions needed to develop an effective program.
- communications programs and tools and how to use them effectively.
- how to obtain contributions and services of contributors.An excellent introduction to the marketing of churches and ministries, this volume blends sound theory with practically oriented instruction to facilitate the application of these principles to individual organizations. The definition of marketing in this helpful book is based on a system of voluntary exchanges and will assist you in analyzing the needs of constituents, developing programs to meet these needs, providing programs at the right time and place, communicating effectively with constituents, and attracting the resources needed to underwrite the activities of the organization. Church administrators and pastors will find Marketing for Churches and Ministries a practical tool for applying marketing strategies to their ministries while undergraduate students majoring in church administration will find it useful as an introduction to the marketing of churches and ministries.
Table of Contents
Understanding Church and Ministry Marketing
- Getting Needed Information
- Planning Marketing Activities
- Constituent Analysis
- Marketing Objectives
- Program Decisions
- Access Decisions
- Communications Decisions
- Contribution Decisions
- Monitoring and Controlling Marketing Activities
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General