From a basic two-camera interview to an elaborate 26 camera HD concert film, this comprehensive guide presents a platform-agnostic approach to the essential techniques required to set up and edit a multi-camera project. Actual case studies are used to examine specific usages of multi-camera editing and include a variety of genres including concerts, talk shows, reality programming, sit-coms, documentaries for television, event videography and feature films. Other features include:
* Advanced multi-camera techniques and specialty work-flows are examined for tapeless & large scale productions with examples from network TV shows, corporate media projects, event videography, and feature films.
* New techniques for 3D projects, 2k/4k media management and color correction are revealed.
* Technical breakdowns analyze system requirements for monitoring, hard drives & RAIDs, RAM, codecs and computer platforms.
* Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere Pro and several other software programs are detailed.
* Tables, charts, screen-grabs, photos, web-links, blogs, tech school lists and other resource tools for further study.
* Unique interviews with the 'Masters of Multi-Cam' including EMMY and academy award-winning directors and editors who share their project notes and give insight to award-winning techniques.
"This is an essential book to both production and post professionals. Multicamera production is becoming increasingly relevant to many different genres and I can think of no better expert than Mitch Jacobson. He is both knowledgeable and very generous… making this an essential read."--Richard Harrington - RHED Pixel
"The book is a treasure chest of all things multicam.. At 449 pages there's tons of good information in the book from cover to cover.. If you want to learn about multicam editing then this is the book for you. As an editor who's cut a lot of multicam over his career I'm still learning as I make my way through the book."--PVC
Preparing for the Shoot; Shooting for Multi-Cam Projects; Timecode & Sync; Tapeless and Digital Acquisition; Avid; FCP; Premiere Pro; Preparing to Edit; Custom Settings; Editing Multi-Cam Projects; Working with Audio; Advanced Multi-Cam Techniques; Integrating Single Camera Elements; Finishing; Media Management; The Future of Multi-Camera Production