Materials for Energy offers a comprehensive overview of the latest developments in materials for efficient and sustainable energy applications, including energy conversion, storage, and smart applications.
- Discusses a wide range of material types, such as nanomaterials, carbonaceous electrocatalysts and electrolytes, thin films, phase change materials, 2D energy materials, triboelectric materials, and membrane materials
- Describes applications that include flexible energy storage devices, sensors, energy storage batteries, fuel and solar cells, photocatalytic wastewater treatment, and more
- Highlights current developments in energy conversion, storage, and applications from a materials angle
Aimed at researchers, engineers, and technologists working to solve alternative energy issues, this work illustrates the state of the art and latest technologies in this important field.
Table of Contents
1. Halide Perovskite Photovoltaics
[Guifang Han and Sam Zhang]
2. Carbon Nanomaterials for Flexible Energy Storage Devices
[Huijuan Lin, Hui Li, and Chenjun Zhang]
3. Triboelectric Materials for Nanoenergy
[Xiude Yang, Jun Dong, Juanjuan Han, and Qunliang Song]
4. III-N Ultraviolet Light Emitters for Energy-Saving Applications
5. In-situ Growth of Spherical Graphene Films on Cemented Carbide for Spatial Sensor Matrix
[Xiang Yu, Zhen Zhang, Jing-xuan Pei, Jian-kang Huang, and Xiao-yong Tian]
6. Membrane Materials for Vanadium Redox Flow Battery
[Jiaye Ye and Lidong Sun]
7. Thin-Film Solid Oxide Fuel Cells
[Jong Dae Baek, Ikwhang Chang, and Pei-Chen Su]
8. In-Situ Mechanistic Study of Two-Dimensional Energy Materials by Well-Defined Electrochemical On-Chip Approach
[Yu Zhou, Shuang Yang, and Fangping Ouyang]
9. Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage
[B. B. Kanbur, Z. Qin, C. Ji, and F. Duan]
10. Strategies for Performance Improvement of Organic Solar Cells
[Wei-Long Xu and Xiao-Tao Hao]
11. Surface Passivation Materials for High-Efficiency Silicon Solar Cells
[Shui-Yang Lien, Chia-Hsun Hsu, Xiao-Ying Zhang, and Pao-Hsun Huang]
12. Organic Solar Cell
13. High-Performance Electrolytes for Batteries
Sam Zhang Shanyong, better known as Sam Zhang, earned a BE in materials in 1982 at Northeastern University (Shenyang, China), a ME in materials in 1984 at Iron & Steel Research Institute (Beijing, China), and a PhD in ceramics in 1991 at The University of Wisconsin - Madison, USA. Since 2006 he has been a tenured full professor at the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. In January 2018 he joined the School of Materials and Energy, Southwest University, Chongqing, China, and became Director of the Centre for Advanced Thin Film Materials and Devices at the university.
Professor Zhang is the founding Editor-in-Chief for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters (2008–December 2015) and Principal Editor for Journal of Materials Research (USA) responsible for thin films and coating field (since 2003). Since 2009 he has served as the founding and current president of the world’s first Thin Films Society (www.thinfilms.sg). Professor Zhang has authored or edited 13 books, 12 of which are published by CRC Press/Taylor & Francis.