Media relations are a vital tool for helping property companies build shareholder value through stronger brands, develop reputations that drive a flow of new work, and help sell and let properties faster and at a fraction of the cost of other marketing techniques, but such relationships need to be managed properly. This practical and comprehensive book – peppered with real case studies and observations from numerous people within the property industry – aims to demystify ‘the black art of PR’. Some of the topics covered include:
- the strategic aims and benefits of good media relations
- promoting good media relations practice throughout your organization
- an overview of property opportunities across the UK media
- understanding journalists and what they want
- do's and don'ts of working with the media
- developing a media relations plan
- the costs of media relations programmes.
Written by an award winning property journalist and a marketing consultant with more than forty years experience between them, this book is a must read for all property professionals looking to make the most out of the media.