Throughout the history of social thought, there has been a constant battle over the true nature of society, and the best way to understand and explain it. This volume covers the development of methodological individualism, including the individualist theory of society from Greek antiquity to modern social science. It is a comprehensive and systematic treatment of methodological individualism in all its manifestations.
Table of Contents
3. Psychologism in Early Social Science
4. Austrian Methodological Individualism
5. Society as Subjectively Meaningful Interaction
6. Positivism in Philosophy and Social Science
7. Popperian Methodological Individualism
8. Economics - The Individualist Science
9. The New Institutional Economics
10. Rational Choice Individualism
11. Why Methodological Individualism?
12. Methodological Individualism Restated