Micro to Quantum Supercapacitor Devices
Supercapacitors have established their role as high-power density devices capable of storing energy for multiple cycles; these devices are more plentiful than batteries. This book outlines the fundamentals of charge-storage mechanisms in different configurations of supercapacitors. It describes the supercapacitor-related phenomena, state-of-the-art supercapacitor technologies, design and fabrication of electrodes, supercapacitor materials, macro-supercapacitor, planar supercapacitor, significance of electrode design, merits, demerits of current technologies, and future directions. It also details related physics, including prospective materials and electrode parameters.
- Provides understanding of the device architecture, electrode design, and pros-cons of classical supercapacitors
- Explains material design in the context of electrochemical energy storage
- Covers state-of-the-art quantum supercapacitor and technological challenges
- Describes advanced versions of supercapacitor devices, including macro-to-micro scale devices and applications at different scales
- Includes details of challenges and outlines of future designs
This book is aimed at researchers and professionals in electronics, electrochemistry, energy-storage engineering, chemical engineering, and materials science.
1. Fundamentals of Supercapacitors. 2. Electrochemical Measurements for Supercapacitors. 3. State-of-Art Supercapacitor Design. 4. Supercapacitor Materials. 5. Macro Supercapacitor. 6. Planar Micro-Supercapacitor. 7. Self-Powered Supercapacitor. 8. Design and Fabrication of Planar Supercapacitor Electrodes. 9. Future Applications.