Micro to Quantum Supercapacitor Devices
- Available for pre-order on March 10, 2023. Item will ship after March 31, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Supercapacitors have established their role as high power density device capable of storing energy for multiple cycles that are much higher in number compared to the batteries. This book outlines the fundamentals of charge storage mechanisms in different configurations of supercapacitor. It describes the supercapacitor related phenomena, state of art supercapacitor technologies, design and fabrication of electrodes, materials for the supercapacitor, macro-supercapacitor, planar supercapacitor, significance of electrode design, merits, demerits of current technologies and future directions. It also details related physics including prospective materials and electrode parameters.
- Provides understanding of the device architecture, electrode design, and pros-cons of classical supercapacitors
- Explains material design in the context of electrochemical energy storage
- Covers state-of-the-art quantum supercapacitor and technological challenges
- Describes advanced version of supercapacitor devices describing macro-to-micro scale devices and applications at different scales
- Include details of challenges and outline of future designs
This book is aimed at researchers, professionals in electronics, electrochemistry, energy storage engineering, chemical engineering, and materials science.
Table of Contents
1. Fundamentals of supercapacitor. 2. Supercapacitor Design and Fabrication . 3. State-of-art supercapacitor design. 4. Supercapacitor materials. 5. Macro supercapacitor. 6. Planar micro supercapacitor. 7. Self-powered supercapacitor. 8. Design of planar supercapacitor electrodes. 9. Future Applications.
Abha Misra is an Associate Professor obtained in the Department of Instrumentation and Applied Physics, at Indian Institute of Science (IISc). She obtained her PhD from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). Thereafter, she received Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship in California Institute of Technology (Caltech), USA. Dr. Misra is an Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences, member of National Science Academy and TWAS Young Affiliate. She is also a recipient of INSA Medal for Young Scientists, SERB Women Excellence Award. Dr. Misra’s research at IISc is mainly focusing on meta-devices for self-powered energy storage and sensing applications.