Microgrids offers a complete discussion and details about microgrids and their applications, including modeling of AC/DC and hybrid grids in a tied mode with simulation for the solar systems, wind turbines, biomass and fuel cells, and deployment issues. The data communications and control mechanism implementations are analyzed for proper coordination of the AC/DC microgrid. The various real-time applications and future development of the microgrid are also discussed in this book, with MATLAB®-based simulations and results. This book:
- Discusses the fundamentals of microgrids, the components of microgrids, the modeling of renewable energy sources, and the implementation of microgrids.
- Explores AC and DC microgrid modeling with real-time examples.
- Examines the effective extraction of energy from renewable energy sources.
- Covers analysis of data communications and control-mechanism implementations.
- Includes HOMER/MATLAB®-based simulations and results on microgrids.
This book would be a welcome addition to the libraries of researchers, senior undergraduate students, and graduate students in power and electrical engineering, especially those working with smart and microgrids.
1. Introduction to Microgrids
2. Renewable Energy Sources
3. AC/DC Microgrids
4. Microgrid Modeling and Simulations
5. Conclusion and Future Scope