Mind Maps for Medical Students
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This popular learning and revision aid is designed specifically to help medical students memorise essential clinical facts, invaluable throughout medical studies and particularly useful in the pressured run-up to final exams. Over 100 maps are organised by body system, and include disease definitions and descriptions, pathophysiology, causes, risk factors, investigations, treatments and complications where relevant and applicable.
- Proven – new edition of this very well-received and successful book which has helped thousands of medical students around the world to exam success using mind maps, an established tool in education and known to improve memory recall
- Flexible – ideal primer when coming to a topic for the first time, when reviewing it at the end of a module or attachment, and for making project and revision plans
- Adaptable – use the maps in the book directly, as a guide to prepare your own or a supplement to personal notes
- Systems-based – in line with medical course structure
- Current – thoroughly revised and updated incorporating the latest clinical guides with many maps new to this edition including Breast Disease and expanded coverage of Rheumatological, Haematological and Endocrine conditions
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The cardiovascular system
Chapter 2: The respiratory system
Chapter 3. GI system
Chapter 4. Renal
Chapter 5. Endocrine
Chapter 6. Neurology
Chapter 7. Haematology
Chapter 8. Rheumatology
Chapter 9. Infectious disease
Chapter 10. Reproductive system
Chapter 11. Embryology
Chapter 12. Genetic disorders
Olivia Smith is a Core Surgical Trainee, Severn School of Surgery, UK.
‘From Amazon reviews of the first edition:
"If you find pages and pages of text can be overwhelming try these mind maps - they are logical and easy to follow."
"…great if you need a quick refresher or if you're not sure about the things you need to know about for a certain condition."
"VERY useful. I love to study using mind maps... I normally do my own, but having them already done is fantastic! And with reliable information!"
"…this book is AMAZING. It is a brilliant revision tool that has saved me tons of time."
"very concise but explains in sufficient detail, would 100% recommend this book"’