Mineral Processing Technology
A Concise Introduction
- Available for pre-order on April 24, 2023. Item will ship after May 15, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Mineral processing technology is a branch of applied science that deals with the principles and practice of separating useful minerals from primary solid ore mineral resources obtained from the earth crust. This book introduces science and technology of processing solid minerals to concentrates of grades suitable for industrial extraction of metal values and other non-metallic products. It also includes case studies, typical process flowsheets, aspects on processing of tailings arising from mineral processing plants, worked examples, and practice questions.
- Includes science and technology of processing solid minerals to concentrates of grades, suitable for industrial extraction of metal values and other non-metallic products.
- Provides a logical progression from basic to advanced concepts in mineral processing.
- Designed to stimulate students to think as mineral processing engineers in training.
- Explores sustainable mineral processing and circular economy in mineral processing.
- Contains worked examples that clearly illustrates the various theories presented and help readers develop problem solving skills in mineral processing.
This book is aimed at professionals and senior undergraduate students in metallurgy and mineral processing.
Table of Contents
1. General introduction. 2. Ore handling. 3. Ore crushing. 4. Ore grinding. 5. Comminution theory. 6. Particle size analysis. 7. Ore mineralogy and chemical analyses. 8. Ore screening. 9. Ore classification. 10. Metallurgical accounting analyses. 11. Mineral processing methods. 12. Dense medium separation. 13. Froth flotation. 14. Magnetic separation. 15. Ore sorting. 16. Dewatering and tailings disposal. 17. Automatic control in mineral processing plants. 18. Introduction to flowsheets design. 19. Assessment of metallurgical efficiency of Mineral processing operations. 20. sustainable mineral processing. 21. Processing of rare earth minerals. 22. Applications of leaching and microorganisms in mineral processing. 23. Tailings re-treatment. 24. Mineral processing of beach sand. 25. Processing of battery minerals. 26. Processing of refractory ores. 27. Processing of non-metallic ores. 28. The operation of a quarry.
Abraham Adewale Adeleke is a Professor and a former head in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria. He has over 30 years’ experience in metallurgical research and University education. He was a research metallurgist for about 15 years during which he rose to the position of Chief Metallurgical Engineer and he has been a Professor since 2015. He has taught courses such as mineral processing and hydrometallurgy for several years both in Nigeria and South Africa. During his temporary residence in South Africa, he was a research fellow at the Tshwane University of Technology, Pretoria and an Associate Professor at the Vaal University of Technology, Vanderbijlpark.
Furthermore, Abraham has over 40 research articles and contribution of chapters in books to his credit. He has also contributed three articles as a co-author in two proceedings of the United States based Mineral, Metals and Materials Society (TMS) Technical Meetings.
Professor Adeleke has served as an External Examiner for postgraduate programmes at several universities in Nigeria and South Africa. He was an in-plant trainee in coal research under the United Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) Fellowship in Romania in 1994. He is a registered Engineer with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and he was registered with the Southern Africa Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (SAIMM) and South Africa Coal Processing Society (SACPS) during his stay in South Africa.