In the last decades coal production capacity has increased rapidly and its quality, power and the reliability of equipment has steadily improved. Moreover, stability of production processes can be controlled better. In connection with that, unification of scientific schools focusing on "Mining of deposits" is an integral trend from the viewpoint of technical and technological policy.
This collection of papers represents the scientific and technical achievements with regard to mineral deposits mining intensification based on effective use of modern techniques and technologies. Also, specific attention is paid to progressive and innovational technologies in the coal industry of leading countries.
Widening the range of mining-geological conditions under which drivage and maintenance of mining activities are carried out, requires application of new constructive decisions. Hence, this collection of papers is focusing on the following topics: results of new equipment introduction; experiments on mutual interaction of roof support elements, protective construction and near-the-contour rock massif; analytical and calculation methods of geomechanical tasks solution; development of gas hydrates and technologies of underground coal gasification; studies on environment protection; economic aspects; management and marketing in mining production, and other important aspects of mineral deposits exploitation.
Table of Contents
1. Mining of Coal: hydro breaking of coal, rock mass displacement in longwalls, technical solutions during mining coal seams under complex hydro-geological conditions, rock pressure in order to substantiate complete excavation of coal reserves, geometrical characteristics of rail way and point switches of underground transport
2. Mining of Ores: mining graphite deposit, backfilling mixtures based on slag waste products, raw material resources of underground krivbass due to the development of magnetite quartzite, resource-saving technologies of rich iron ore excavation;
3. Geomechanical Processes: rock mass structure and face support, stress-strain state of cracked coal-containing massif, roof bolts applications, geomechanical processes when mining interchamber pillars with height of two levels, bolt support applications in weakly metamorphosed rocks;
4. Labor Protection and Ventilation: stability of workings on ventilation, ecological management at industrial enterprises;
5. Borehole Extraction of Minerals: length of the gasification channel in underground gas generator, genetic classification of gas hydrates deposits types by geologic-structural criteria.
Genadiy Pivnyak, Volodymyr Bondarenko, Iryna Kovalevs’ka, Mуkhaylo Illiashov