Mixed-Signal Circuits offers a thoroughly modern treatment of integrated circuit design in the context of mixed-signal applications. Featuring chapters authored by leading experts from industry and academia, this book:
- Discusses signal integrity and large-scale simulation, verification, and testing
- Demonstrates advanced design techniques that enable digital circuits and sensitive analog circuits to coexist without any compromise
- Describes the process technology needed to address the performance challenges associated with developing complex mixed-signal circuits
- Deals with modeling topics, such as reliability, variability, and crosstalk, that define pre-silicon design methodology and trends, and are the focus of companies involved in wireless applications
- Develops methods to move analog into the digital domain quickly, minimizing and eliminating common trade-offs between performance, power consumption, simulation time, verification, size, and cost
- Details approaches for very low-power performances, high-speed interfaces, phase-locked loops (PLLs), voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs), analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and biomedical filters
- Delineates the respective parts of a full system-on-chip (SoC), from the digital parts to the baseband blocks, radio frequency (RF) circuitries, electrostatic-discharge (ESD) structures, and built-in self-test (BIST) architectures
Mixed-Signal Circuits explores exciting opportunities in wireless communications and beyond. The book is a must for anyone involved in mixed-signal circuit design for future technologies.
Ultra-Low-Voltage Analog Filters for Biomedical Systems. Offset Reduction Techniques in Flash A/D Converters. Protecting Mixed-Signal Technologies against Electrostatic Discharges: Challenges and Protection Strategies from Component to System. Variability and Reliability Issues in Mixed-Signal Circuits. Mixed-Signal Circuit Testing Using Wavelet Signatures. Topological Investigations and Phase Noise Analyses in CMOS LC Oscillator Circuits. Design of an Energy-Efficient ZigBee Transceiver. Simulation Techniques for Large-Scale Circuits. Mixed-Signal IC Design Addressed to Substrate Noise Immunity in Bulk Silicon; toward 3D Circuits. FIR Filtering Techniques for Clock and Frequency Generation. Design-for-Test Methods for Mixed-Signal Systems. Built-In Testing and Tuning of Mixed-Signal/RF Systems: Exploiting the Alternative Testing Paradigm. Spectrally Pure Clock versus Flexible Clock: Which One Is More Efficient in Driving Future Electronic System? Machine Learning-Based BIST in Analog/RF ICs. Closed-Loop Spatial Audio Coding.