Modeling and Simulation Challenges and Best Practices for Industry
Modeling, in the past 60 years, has been constantly evolving and has revolutionized the industrial sector. Its continuous development will still have profound impact in the upcoming future. For big or small companies, modeling is a tool which brings technical improvement and profitability.
What is modeling? What are the benefits and limits? What are the best practices, technical and non-technical, to apply?
The objective of this book is to bring answers to these questions in a synthetic and transversal manner, so that engineers, managers and directors can see future challenges not as a threat, but as an opportunity.
- Transversal and synthetic view on modeling, written in a clear and pragmatic way
- Technical best practices to build/ develop a model
- Non-technical best practices to efficiently deploy modeling in companies
- All best practices discussed in the book have been truly already implemented in past situations
- Theory is illustrated in a case study from the beginning to the end of the book
Introduction. What is Numerical Simulation? A Bit of History. Numerical Simulation in Industry, why? Efficient Use of Numerical Simulation, Technical Aspects. Efficient Use of Numerical Simulation, Organizational Aspects. The Future of Numerical Simulation in Industry: The Early XXIst Century. Conclusion.