A guide to help readers meet the demands of an evolving competitive business environment, Modeling of Responsive Supply Chain outlines novel concepts and strategies for implementing a fully integrated system of business improvement methodologies.
This self-contained reference covers various key aspects of supply chain management, which is crucial to boosting industrial growth in the face of expanding globalization in the manufacturing and transportation sectors. The book focuses on topics that could potentially improve the free flow of goods and services between nations by helping users assess the performance of logistic systems deployed to achieve this end.
Chapters present a conventional and evolutionary approach to coordinating all elements of the supply chain to optimize an enterprise’s competitive advantage. The authors explore different models associated with transportation, facility location, and assignments, as well as planning and scheduling. They also address diverse technologies, such as RFID tags used to monitor product flow within the supply chain network.
This book addresses the importance of:
- Recognizing responsiveness as a metric of supply chain performance
- Domain interfaces for solving the optimization problem by making supply chains more responsive
- Coordination through contracts to enhance responsiveness
- System dynamics methodology to achieve responsiveness, as well as management principles, control theory, and computer simulation
- The use of different types of technologies to build a better supply chain that achieves higher responsiveness
Few, if any, single volumes provide the detailed explanation of practical and conceptual approaches found in this book. It covers the entire spectrum of topics and will be equally useful as a reference for scholars and graduate studen
Supply Chain Responsiveness. A Supply Chain Optimization Perspective to Achieve Responsiveness. Supply Chain Coordination: Modeling through Contracts. System Dynamics Applications in Supply Chain Modeling. Technologies for Supply Chain Integration and Interoperability.