Modern German Grammar Workbook, Third Edition, is an innovative book of exercises and language tasks for intermediate and advanced learners of German. The book is divided into three sections:
- Section 1 provides exercises based on essential grammatical structures.
- Section 2 practises everyday functions (e.g. making introductions, apologising, expressing needs).
- Section 3 contains realistic role-plays in short scenes, set in a range of different contexts.
A comprehensive answer key at the back of the book enables you to check on your progress. Implementing feedback from users of the second edition, this third edition now features:
- even more extensive cross-referencing to the related Modern German Grammar, Third Edition
- spelling following the latest reform
- representation of the German of Switzerland and Austria.
Modern German Grammar Workbook, Third Edition, is ideal for all learners who want to deepen their knowledge of German, including intermediate and advanced students at schools, in adult education and within higher education. It can be used independently or alongside Modern German Grammar, Third Edition (ISBN 978-0-415-56726-8) also published by Routledge.
Table of Contents
Contents. Introduction. Section 1 Structures. Section 2 Functions. Section 3 Functions in Context. Answer Key.
Heidi Zojer is Language Assistant at University College Dublin. Ruth Whittle is Lecturer and John Klapper is Professor of Foreign Language Pedagogy, both at the University of Birmingham.