Enhance your knowledge of motion graphic design aesthetics and history with this authoritative look at the evolution of the art form.
Motion Graphic Design, Third Edition provides a historical and critical overview of how the language of traditional graphic design is combined with the dynamic visual language of cinema in film, television, and interactive media. It features works from highly acclaimed animators and motion graphics studios from across the globe.
This new edition has been updated to include:
- Thorough analysis of motion graphics designed for websites, informational kiosks, desktop and mobile touchscreen applications, DVD menus, and games
- Inspiring examples of how motion graphics continue to shape our visual landscape by transforming interior and exterior spaces into more engaging, immersive environments
- Coverage of conventional frame-by-frame animation techniques including stop-motion, cutout, and freehand by contemporary animators and motion design studios
- Instruction in how to create continuity or discontinuity and maintain the interest of viewers with frame mobility and rhythmic editing
- Discussion of pictorial and sequential aspects of motion graphics compositions and how they are choreographed to enhance messages and enrich stories
- A companion DVD featuring new professional and student work from around the globe, as well as figures from the textbook
This is a must-have whether you are a student who is learning the principles of motion graphics or a professional in need of inspiration and new ways to impress your clients. Anyone working in or aspiring to work in the motion media industry will benefit greatly from this valuable resource.
Jon Krasner is a Professor of Graphic Design at Fitchburg State University. Holding an M.F.A. in painting from Pratt Institute and an M.F.A. in graphic design from Boston University, he has been able to synthesize the disciplines of painting, print, animation, and music composition. Professor Krasner brings a unique perspective to the classroom that emphasizes experimentation, aesthetic sensitivity, and critical reasoning. As a practicing artist and professional graphic designer, his multi-disciplinary work has been exhibited nationwide.
"An excellent book/DVD to enhance any motion design curriculum. A must-have for all visual learners; an engaging fusion of inspiration and information."
- Ed J. Cheetham, The Department of Motion Design, Ringling College of Art and Design, www.ringling.edu
Download the disc content