Presenting current knowledge in the field of mudflows, this book includes both rheological mudflow aspects, and information on mudflow characteristics in open channels. It includes sections on:
· physical properties of suspensions
· shear rheometry with suspensions
· rheology of clay-water mixtures
· rheology of mud suspensions
· gradually and rapidly varied free surface flows
Part of the IAHR Monograph Series, this informative book also includes fundamental equations for viscoplastic flows and provides the reader with helpful introductions to all the aspects it covers.