256 pages | 39 Color Illus. | 34 B/W Illus.
This new text-atlas focuses on anatomy and procedural strategy for perfusion CT imaging in the diagnosis and management of cancer. It will use a combination of pictures and schematic diagrams that show how this new modality can be used to assess anatomy and guide therapeutic interventions. It begins with an introductory section discussing the state of the art and background support (including software) in the use of the technique; there then follows a sequence of chapters that review applications for each of the main body systems and anatomic regions. The book concludes with a section on the uses of perfusion CT in monitoring clinical trials, and also reviews new applications for combined modalities such as CT/PET.
1. Acquisition protocols - K.A. Miles
2. Image-processing software - M.R. Griffiths [Australia]
3. Pathophysiology of tumour vasculature - C. Charnsangavej
4. Head & neck cancer - R. Hermans [Belgium]
5. Lung cancer - U. Tateishi [Japan]
6. Liver metastases - C. Cuenod & K.A. Miles
7. Prostate cancer - Swithin Song [Australia]
8. Other tumours: lymphoma, kidney, pancreas - K.A. Miles
9. Beyond RECIST - Perfusion in CT in cancer trials - C. Charnsangavej & K.A. Miles
10. Perfusion CT for CT/PET systems - K.A. Miles