Multidimensional Approaches to Impacts of Changing Environment on Human Health
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 2, 2021
The book discusses the indispensable connection between the environment and health via all possible aspects, focussing on human interactions with the environment. The multi-dimensional field of environmental and human health perspectives with emerging issues and current trends is illustrated through supporting case studies, reviews, research reports and examples. It also covers crucial areas of research such as vector control in a tropical climate, influence of climate change on human health and so forth, including proliferation of microbial diseases. Environmental, health and safety guidelines are discussed as well. Aimed at graduate students and researchers in environmental and medical sciences, health and safety, and ecology, this book Highlights interdisciplinary aspects of environmental changes and associated health risks Explains different aspects of environmental pollution and health risks Includes dedicated chapters on global epidemics and biomedical and municipal waste Contains case studies pertaining to different health and safety issues.
Table of Contents
Unit I: Impacts of Changing Environment on Human Health
1. Air Pollutants and Acid Precipitation: Impact on Ecology and Human Health
Joystu Dutta and Prem Prakash Singh
2. Human Health in a Changing Environment: Exploring the Biological and Socioeconomic Impacts.
Rajat Shubhro Mukherjee
Unit II: Impact of Increasing Environmental Pollution on Human Health
3. Airborne Staphylococcus aureus and its impact on human health: a review in an Indian context.
Madhuri Singh, Maneet Kumar Chakrawarti, Himani Kumari, Sonali Rajput, Kasturi Mukhopadhyay
4. Time-Series Analysis of Coliform Bacterial Density in the River Ganges as a Potential Indicator of Water Contamination and Associated Risks to Human Health
Pritam Mukherjee, Sufia Zaman and Abhijit Mitra
5. Evaluation of health quality in two studied groups of school children from an arsenic exposed area of West Bengal, India.
Antara Das, Madhurima Joardar, Nilanjana Roy Chowdhury, Tarit Roychowdhury
6. Evaluation of health effects and risk assessment of arsenic on an unexposed population from arsenic-exposed zone of West Bengal, India
Madhurima Joardar, Nilanjana Roy Chowdhury, Antara Das, Tarit Roychowdhury
Unit III: Climate change and Human Health: A Perspective
7. Climate insecurity: Health and well-being among Ganga – Meghna - Brahmaputra delta communities.
Debojyoti Das, Upasona Ghosh
Unit IV: Industrial Safety and Occupational health issues
8. Occupational Hazards in Alternative Medicinal Industry: An Exploratory Study
9. Silicosis: An Occupational Health Crisis among Stone Grinders
Chetan Kumar Joshi, Madhur Mohan Ranga and Surbhi Ranga
Unit V: Food Safety and Impacts on Health and Environment
10. Climate Change and Its Impact on Food Safety: A Review
Rinku Moni Devi
11. Flourishing amidst Ecological Pressures: Insights from the experience of the Solegas of Karnataka, India
Shreelata Rao Seshadri. Dhanya B. Sheetal Patil, Raghavendra S Vanjari
12. Evaluation of arsenic entry routes into rice grain during harvesting, post harvesting of paddy and cooked rice preparation
Nilanjana Roy Chowdhury, Madhurima Joardar, Antara Das, Tarit Roychowdhury
13. Ill Effects of Untreated Household Gray Water used in Agriculture Irrigation
Sushma, Chandra Shekhar Sanwal
14. Impact of Genetically Modified Organisms on Environment and Health.
Bingshati Sarkar, Ushmita Gupta Bakshi, Chandini Sayeed, Srijan Goswami
Unit VI: Successful Models of Waste Management
15. Solid waste management models: Past, Present and future
Rojita Mishra, Amrita Panda, Satpal Singh Bisht
16. Biomedical Waste Management in Healthcare
Rehab A Rayan, Moharana Chowdhury, Mohamed Kamal, Arghya Chakravorty, Rinku Moni Devi, Jyoti Mehta
Unit VII: Pandemics: Challenges and Way Forward
17. Environment Friendly Plant-Based Edible Vaccines - A Novel Technique to Fight SARS-CoV-2 & Other Pandemics: A Review
18. Exploring the relationship between emergence of zoonotic diseases and the inhuman touch of habitat loss and wildlife trade
Nawin Kumar Tiwary, Govind Singh, Asani Bhaduri
Unit VIII: Perspectives on Environmental and Human Health Management
19. Contribution towards Greener Environment by using specific MAP species: A Case Study among the Tribes of Tripura, India
Sujit K Dutta, Ratul Arya Baishya
20. Creating a Search Engine for a Multidimensional and Personalized Healthcare Solution.
C. R. Desai
21. Developing National Health Adaptation Plan - Indian Experience: Health Sector Resilience, Disasters and Regional Contexts
Anil Kumar Gupta, Atisha Sood, Anjali Barwal
22. Monitoring Environment and Human Health Perspective using Geospatial Approach.
Shrey Rakholia, Abhinav Mehta, Joystu Dutta
23. Biosensors: New Trends in Environmental Pollutants Monitoring and Analysis
Asish Kumar. Rameshwari A Banjara, Santosh Kumar Sethi, Alka Ekka, Joystu Dutta
Dr. Joystu Dutta is an Assistant Professor and Head, Department of Environmental Science, Sant Gahira Guru University, Sarguja; a state University with Government of Chhattisgarh. His main activities are teaching, research and extension besides supervising administrative activities in various capacities. He is a member of IUCN Commission of Ecosystem Management. He is a DST Inspire Fellow and also holds UNESCO scholarships beside UGC NET Lectureship in Environmental Sciences. He has written over twenty research papers in national and international journals.
Dr. Srijan Goswami is the Senior Faculty at Delhi Paramedical and Management Institute (DPMI), Behala, Kolkata, INDIA, and also associated as the Guest Faculty of Immunology & Physiology at the Department of Zoology (PG Courses), Serampore College, INDIA. He is the Founder of the Indian School of Complementary Therapy & Allied Sciences, Kolkata, INDIA (Non-Government and Non-Profit Organization). Dr. Goswami is a Physician of Biochemic System of Medicine and also holds specialization in Medical Biotechnology and Clinical Nutrition. Dr. Goswami has around 7 years of experience in the field of teaching and research and has around 20 research papers in National and International journals.
Dr. Abhijit Mitra, Associate Professor and Former Head, Department of Marine Science, University of Calcutta (INDIA) has been active in the sphere of Oceanography since 1985. Presently Dr. Mitra is serving Techno India University as Director of Research. He has to his credit about 553 scientific publications in various National and International Journals, and 42 books of postgraduate standards. Presently his domain of expertise includes environmental science, mangrove ecology, sustainable aquaculture, alternative livelihood, and climate change and carbon sequestration.