Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites: Characterization, Processing, and Applications discusses the most recent research in nanomaterials and nanocomposites for a range of applications as well as modern characterization tools and techniques. It deals with nanocomposites that are dispersed with nanosized particulates and carbon nanotubes in their matrices (polymer, metal, and ceramic). In addition, the work:
- Describes different nanomaterials, such as metal and metal oxides, clay and POSS, carbon nanotubes, cellulose, and biobased polymers in a structured manner
- Examines the processing of carbon nanotube-based nanocomposites, layered double hydroxides, and cellulose nanoparticles as functional fillers and reinforcement materials
- Covers size effect on thermal, mechanical, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties
- Details machining and joining aspects of nanocomposites
- Discusses the development of smart nanotextiles (intelligent textiles), self-cleaning glass, sensors, actuators, ferrofluids, and wear-resistant nanocoatings.
This book enables an efficient comparison of properties and capabilities of these advanced materials, making it relevant for materials scientists and chemical engineers conducting academic research and industrial R&D into nanomaterial processing and applications.
Table of Contents
Section I State of Art
1. Recent Developments in Nanomaterial Applications.
2. Some Impact of Nanomaterials in Aerospace Engineering.
3. Lightweight Polymer–Nanoparticle-Based Composites: An Overview.
4. The Role and Applications of Nanomaterials in the Automotive Industry.
5. Characterization Tools and Techniques for Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites.
Section II Synthesis
6. Synthesis and Fabrication of Graphene/Ag-Infused Polymer Nanocomposite.
Section III Analysis
7. Aging and Corrosion Behavior of Ni- and Cr-Electroplated Coatings on Exhaust Manifold Cast Iron for Automotive Applications.
8. Experimental Evaluation of Wear and Coefficient of Frictional Performance of Zirconium Oxide Nanoparticle–Reinforced Polymer Composites for Gear Applications.
9. Comparative Numerical Analyses of Different Carbon Nanotubes Added with Carbon Fiber–Reinforced Polymer Composite.
Dr. B.Sridhar Babu has completed B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from Kakatiya University, M.Tech in Advanced Manufacturing Systems from JNTUH University and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from JNTUH University. He has 21 years of teaching experience out of which 10 years of experience is at CMR Institute of Technology. He joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at CMR Institute of Technology in 2009. He is Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (I), Kolkata and also Member of ISTE, IAENG and SAE India. He has published 38 papers in various international/national journals and international/national conferences. He is author of 4 textbooks. He received Bharath Jyothi award for his research excellence from India International Friendship Society, New Delhi. He is a paper setter for various universities, reviewer for various international journals and conferences and guided more than 75 B.Tech and M. Tech projects. His research interests include manufacturing, ddvanced materials and mechanics of materials. He is a Guest Editor for Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Manufacturing, Material Science and Engineering (ICMMSE’19), Materials Today – Proceedings (Scopus and CPCI indexed) and AIP Proceedings (Scopus indexed).
Kaushik Kumar, B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, REC (Now NIT), Warangal), MBA (Marketing, IGNOU) and Ph.D (Engineering, Jadavpur University), is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 14 years of teaching and research experience and over 11 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing unit of global repute. His areas of teaching and research interest are Quality Management Systems, Optimization, Non-conventional machining, CAD / CAM, Rapid Prototyping and Composites. He has 9 patents, 28 books, 17 edited book volumes, 43 book chapters, 137 international journal articles, 21 international and 1 national conference publications to his credit. He is on the editorial board and review panel of 7 international and 1 national journals of repute. He has been felicitated with many awards and honours.