Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites
Characterization, Processing, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after April 6, 2021
Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites: Characterization, Processing, and Applications discusses the most recent research in nanomaterials and nanocomposites for a range of applications, as well as modern characterization tools and techniques. It deals with nanocomposites that contain a dispersion of nanosized particulates and carbon nanotubes in their matrices (polymer, metal, and ceramic). In addition, the work:
- Describes different nanomaterials, such as metal and metal oxides, clay and POSS, carbon nanotubes, cellulose and biobased polymers in a structured manner
- Examines processing of carbon nanotube-based nanocomposites, layered double hydroxides, and cellulose nanoparticles as functional fillers and reinforcement
- Covers size effect on thermal, mechanical, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties
- Details machining and joining aspects of nanocomposites
- Discusses the development of smart nanotextiles (intelligent textiles), self-cleaning glass, sensors, actuators, ferrofluids, and wear-resistant nanocoatings
This book enables an efficient comparison of properties and capabilities for these advanced materials, making it relevant for materials scientists and chemical engineers conducting academic research and industrial R&D into nanomaterials processing and application.
Table of Contents
1. Recent Developments in Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites. 2. Chalcogenides to Nanochalcogenides; Exploring Possibilities for Future R&D. 3. Processing of Carbon Nanotube-Based Nanocomposites. 4. Carbon Nanotubes and Their Polymer Nanocomposites. 5. Emerging Cellulose-Based Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites. 6. Machining and Joining Aspects of Nanocomposites. 7. Bio-Based Nanomaterials and Their Bio-Nanocomposites
Dr. B.Sridhar Babu has completed B.E. in Mechanical Engineering from Kakatiya University, M.Tech in Advanced Manufacturing Systems from JNTUH University and PhD in Mechanical Engineering from JNTUH University. He has 21 years of teaching experience out of which 10 years of experience is at CMR Institute of Technology. He joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering at CMR Institute of Technology in 2009. He is Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (I), Kolkata and also Member of ISTE, IAENG and SAE India. He has published 38 papers in various international/national journals and international/national conferences. He is author of 4 textbooks. He received Bharath Jyothi award for his research excellence from India International Friendship Society, New Delhi. He is a paper setter for various universities, reviewer for various international journals and conferences and guided more than 75 B.Tech and M. Tech projects. His research interests include manufacturing, ddvanced materials and mechanics of materials. He is a Guest Editor for Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Manufacturing, Material Science and Engineering (ICMMSE’19), Materials Today – Proceedings (Scopus and CPCI indexed) and AIP Proceedings (Scopus indexed). Kaushik Kumar, B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, REC (Now NIT), Warangal), MBA (Marketing, IGNOU) and Ph.D (Engineering, Jadavpur University), is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 14 years of teaching and research experience and over 11 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing unit of global repute. His areas of teaching and research interest are Quality Management Systems, Optimization, Non-conventional machining, CAD / CAM, Rapid Prototyping and Composites. He has 9 patents, 28 books, 17 edited book volumes, 43 book chapters, 137 international journal articles, 21 international and 1 national conference publications to his credit. He is on the editorial board and review panel of 7 international and 1 national journals of repute. He has been felicitated with many awards and honours.