Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites: Characterization, Processing, and Applications discusses the most recent research in nanomaterials and nanocomposites for a range of applications as well as modern characterization tools and techniques. It deals with nanocomposites that are dispersed with nanosized particulates and carbon nanotubes in their matrices (polymer, metal, and ceramic). In addition, the work:
- Describes different nanomaterials, such as metal and metal oxides, clay and POSS, carbon nanotubes, cellulose, and biobased polymers in a structured manner
- Examines the processing of carbon nanotube-based nanocomposites, layered double hydroxides, and cellulose nanoparticles as functional fillers and reinforcement materials
- Covers size effect on thermal, mechanical, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties
- Details machining and joining aspects of nanocomposites
- Discusses the development of smart nanotextiles (intelligent textiles), self-cleaning glass, sensors, actuators, ferrofluids, and wear-resistant nanocoatings.
This book enables an efficient comparison of properties and capabilities of these advanced materials, making it relevant for materials scientists and chemical engineers conducting academic research and industrial R&D into nanomaterial processing and applications.
Section I State of Art
1. Recent Developments in Nanomaterial Applications.
2. Some Impact of Nanomaterials in Aerospace Engineering.
3. Lightweight Polymer–Nanoparticle-Based Composites: An Overview.
4. The Role and Applications of Nanomaterials in the Automotive Industry.
5. Characterization Tools and Techniques for Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites.
Section II Synthesis
6. Synthesis and Fabrication of Graphene/Ag-Infused Polymer Nanocomposite.
Section III Analysis
7. Aging and Corrosion Behavior of Ni- and Cr-Electroplated Coatings on Exhaust Manifold Cast Iron for Automotive Applications.
8. Experimental Evaluation of Wear and Coefficient of Frictional Performance of Zirconium Oxide Nanoparticle–Reinforced Polymer Composites for Gear Applications.
9. Comparative Numerical Analyses of Different Carbon Nanotubes Added with Carbon Fiber–Reinforced Polymer Composite.