Apple Academic Press
530 pages | 19 Color Illus. | 50 B/W Illus.
This new volume, Nanomedicine for the Treatment of Disease: From Concept to Application, looks at the application of nanomedicines with a particular focus on their use in the treatment of diseases. The chapters in this volume, contributed by eminent scientists, researchers, and nanotechnologists from across the globe, highlight key advancements, challenges, and opportunities in the area of application of nanomedicines for disease treatment. They explore the design and development of therapeutic nanocarriers for targeting drugs for satiating the demands of disease treatment process.
The volume explores the use nanomedicines for the diagnosis and treatment of a multitude various diseases and health conditions, including respiratory diseases, neurological disorders, genetic diseases, pulmonary fungal infections, neuroAIDS, cardiovascular disorders, gastric and colonic diseases, skin disorders, cancer, brain tumors, leishmaniasis and other visceral diseases, hypertension, and ocular diseases.
“A very interesting compilation of the translational components of the science and technology of nanomedicine and its applications to human health. . . . With a wonderful introduction, the very first chapter of this book looks at issues of drug delivery and drug targets as applied to respiratory diseases, neurological disorders, and gastric and intestinal disorders. Skin and treatment of cancer and ocular diseases, angiogenesis, cardiovascular disorder, and hypertension are also covered. Applications of nanomedicine to address issues of bacterial and parasitic disease will further make this book a valuable one. What makes this book very user-friendly is the language and the treatment of the technical content, while at the same time not compromising on the recent advancements, opportunities, and the challenges. . . . Of immense use not only to the basic scientists but also physician-scientists and clinicians who may like to get a better understanding of nano-based therapies. . . . A wonderful treatise based on expert experience with a clear bearing on applications in human health.”
- From the Foreword by Dr. Seyed Ehtesham Hasnain, Vice Chancellor, Jamia Hamdard (Deemed to be University); Professor & Head, Jamia Hamdard-Institute of Molecular Medicine, Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, India
“Covers a well-engrossed concept on nanoparticles for treatment of life-threatening diseases. The book encompasses application of nanomedicines in drug targeting, which has been the focal point in research for the last two decades. The superlative collection on the application of nanomedicine in cancer chemotherapeutics definitely throws light on the complex mechanism of cancer treatment and ways to overcome it. The concept of nanomedicine in radiotherapy also relays the recent findings on the applications of radiopharmaceuticals in cancer therapy. I would say with a definite certitude that the book will prove to be an exemplary reference for academicians and scientists working in the field of nanomedicine.”
- Dr. Mohammed Tahir Ansari, Head, Pharmaceutical Technology Discipline, Faculty of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Universiti Kuala Lumpur Royal College of Medicine Perak, Malaysia
1. Nanomedicine and Diseases: An Updated Overview
Sarwar Beget al.
2. Multitasking Role of Dendrimers: Drug Delivery and Disease Targeting
Samaresh Sau et al.
3. Nanomedicines for the Treatment of Respiratory Diseases
Brahmeshwar Mishra and Sundeep Chaurasia
4. Nanomedicine for the Treatment of Neurological Disorders
Shringika Soni and Bikash Medhi
5. Nanomedicinal Genetic Manipulation: Promising Strategy to Treat Some Genetic Diseases
Biswajit Mukherjee et al.
6. Nanomedicine: Could It Be a Boon for Pulmonary Fungal Infections??
Biswajit Mukherjee et al.
7. Nanotechnological Approaches for Management of Neuroaids
Divya Suares, Mohd. Farooq Shaikh, and Clara Fernandes
8. Nanomedicines for the Treatment of Cardiovascular Disorders
Shivani Verma et al.
9. Nanomedicines for the Treatment of Gastric and Colonic Diseases
Md. Adil Shaharyar et al.
10. Angiogenesis Treatment with CD13 Targeting Nanomedicines
Madhu Gupta, Ramesh K. Goyal, and Vikas Sharma
11. Liposomal Nanomedicines as State-of-the-Art in the Treatment of Skin Disorders
Mahfoozur Rahman et al.
12. Conventional to Novel Targeted Approaches for Brain Tumor: The Role of Nanomedicines for Effective Treatment
Mahfoozur Rahman et al.
13. Macrophage Targeting: A Promising Strategy for Delivery of Chemotherapeutics in Leishmaniasis and Other Visceral Diseases
Jaya Gopal Meher et al.
14. Nanomedicine for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer
Laxmikant Gautam et al.
15. Nanomedicine Therapeutic Approaches to Overcome Hypertension
Md. Rizwanullah et al.
16. Nanomedicine for the Treatment of Ocular Diseases
Priyanka Prabhu and Saritha Shetty
17. Nanomedicine for Radiation Therapy
Feifei Yang, Youli Xia, and Yu Mi