Randy Fujishin’s Natural Bridges in Interpersonal Communication, Second Edition is a concise, practical, and reader-friendly book that introduces students to the basic concepts and skills of interpersonal communication.
The book presents the fundamental tools necessary to effectively communicate in face-to-face and online interactions in personal and professional life settings. Fujishin’s approachable writing style engages students, inviting them to consider how to best approach their own opportunities to communicate with others. New to this edition, each chapter includes a discussion of foundational research, with suggestions for further reading and online resources.
This textbook is designed for Communication Studies, Business, and Career and Trade courses at the community college and 4-year university level.
Online instructor materials that accompany the book include an instructor manual, sample exams, and a sample class schedule.
"Approachable, relatable, and powerful. Randy Fujihsin's narrative method to improving our interpersonal communication is captivating and inspiring. Natural Bridges in Interpersonal Communication is the most effective textbook I have ever offered. Students love this book!" — Michelle Zajac, Tenured Communication Studies Instructor, West Valley College, USA
1. Interpersonal Communication: Building Bridges to Others
2. Perception: Seeing the Best in Others
3. Verbal Communication: Saying the Best to Others
4. Nonverbal Communication: Showing the Best to Others
5. Listening: Understanding Others 6. Conversation: Sharing with Others
7. Encouragement: Enlarging Others
8. Conflict Management: Collaborating with Others
9. Relationships: Joining with Others
10. Workplace Communication: Working with Others