New Aspects of Quantity Surveying Practice
The construction industry is undergoing great change particularly with the introduction of digital technologies and the increasing emphasis on sustainability and ethical practice. The fifth edition of New Aspects of Quantity Surveying Practice introduces and discusses these changes and their impact on the industry.
The book champions the adaptability and flexibility of the quantity surveyor, whilst covering the hot topics which have emerged since the previous edition’s publication, including:
• A new chapter on the impact of digital construction
• Sustainable construction
• Procurement trends
• Ethics and ethical practice
• The RICS Futures (2020) publication
The book is essential reading for all quantity surveying students, teachers and professionals. It is particularly suited to undergraduate professional skills courses and non-cognate postgraduate students looking for an up to date understanding of the industry and the role.
1. The story so far . . .
2. The challenging future landscape for the industry and the quantity surveyor.
4. Digital construction and the quantity surveyor (with Siobhan Morrison MRICS)
5. Ethics and the quantity surveyor
6. Delivering added value