A polished and professional portfolio—including both print pieces and an online presence—is more important than ever for photographers, graphic designers, and other creative professionals to make a great first impression and secure employment.
This new third edition of No Plastic Sleeves has been thoroughly updated across all facets of portfolio production, including increased coverage on self-promotion, social media, branding, online promotion, new and updated interviews, case studies, and more. Including hundreds of photos, examples of successful design from both students and professionals, and interviews with industry professionals, this text will guide you through the complete process of conceptualizing, designing, developing, branding, and promoting all the interconnected aspects of your total portfolio package, including teaching you how to:
- Objectively evaluate and edit your work
- Develop a distinguishing brand concept and identity
- Understand and apply effective design strategies, including layout and sequencing
- Design a tailor-made portfolio book
- Develop a comprehensive online portfolio
- Develop printed promotional and professional materials
- Utilize social media and self-promotion strategies
Alongside the acclaimed companion website, www.noplasticsleeves.com— featuring additional portfolios, resources, tutorials, and articles—Larry Volk and Danielle Currier offer an essential guide to portfolio design, development, and promotion.
1. Authors’ Note 2. Step 1: Evaluate and Edit 3. Step 2: Branding 4. Step 3A: Cover Design 5. Step 3B: Materials and Forms 6. Step 4: Interior Book Pages 7. Step 5: Book Construction 8. Step 6: Portfolio Website & Online/Social Presence 9. Step 7: Self-Promotion 10. Step 8: Professional Materials 11. Contributors