Shingo, whose work at Toyota provided the foundation for JIT, teaches how to implement non-stock production in your JIT manufacturing operations. The culmination of his extensive writings on efficient production management and continuous improvement, this book is an essential companion volume to his other landmark books on key elements of JIT, including SMED and poka-yoke.
Dr. Shingo pulls together all the pieces of the production puzzle and thoroughly destroys the myth of the inevitability of waste and inventory.
List of Figures
List of Tables
1. Fundamental Flaws in European and American Production Philosophies
2. Basic Concepts for Improving Production Systems
3. The Scientific Thinking Mechanism (STM)
4. Management Functions
5. The Evolution of Production Systems in the Authorized Stock Production (ASP) Era
6. Development of Production Functions in the Non-Stock Production (NSP) Era (Fifth Industrial Revolution)
7. Significance of the Different Production Systems
8. Comprehensive Overview
A Final Note