Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering IX, Volume 1
Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering (NUMGE 2018), June 25-27, 2018, Porto, Portugal
NUMGE 2018 is the ninth in a series of conferences on Numerical Methods in Geotechnical Engineering organized by the ERTC7 under the auspices of the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE). The first conference was held in 1986 in Stuttgart, Germany and the series continued every four years (1990 Santander, Spain; 1994 Manchester, United Kingdom; 1998 Udine, Italy; 2002 Paris, France; 2006 Graz, Austria; 2010 Trondheim, Norway; 2014 Delft, The Netherlands).
The conference provides a forum for exchange of ideas and discussion on topics related to numerical modelling in geotechnical engineering. Both senior and young researchers, as well as scientists and engineers from Europe and overseas, are invited to attend this conference to share and exchange their knowledge and experiences.
This work is the first volume of NUMGE 2018.
Table of Contents
- Constitutive modelling and numerical implementation
- Numerical algorithms and theoretical aspects
- Finite element, discrete element and other numerical methods. Coupling of diverse methods
- Reliability and probability analysis
- Large deformation – large strain analysis
- Artificial intelligence and neural networks
- Ground flow, thermal and coupled analysis
- Unsaturated soil mechanics
- Earthquake engineering, soil dynamics and soil-structure interactions
- Rock mechanics