Numerical Models in Geomechanics
Proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on 'Numerical Models in Geomechanics - NUMOG IX', Ottawa, Canada, 25-27 August 2004
- This format is currently out of stock.
Reflecting the current research and advances made in the application of numerical methods in geotechnical engineering, this volume details proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on 'Numerical Models in Geomechanics - NUMOG IX' held in Ottawa, Canada, 25-27 August 2004.
Highlighting a number of new developments in the area, papers concentrate upon the following four main areas:
* constitutive relations for geomaterials
* numerical algorithms: formulation and performance
* modelling of transient, coupled and dynamic problems
* application of numerical techniques to practical problems.
Representing the most advanced, modern findings in the field, Numerical Models in Geomechanics is a comprehensive and impeccably-researched text, ideal for students and researchers as well as practising engineers.
Table of Contents
1. Constitutive relations for geomaterials
- 1.1 Mathematical formulation
- 1.2 Description of instabilities and localized deformation
- 1.3 Experimental verification and validation
2. Numerical algorithms: formulation and performance
3. Modelling of transient, coupled and dynamic problems
4. Application of numerical techniques to practical problems
- 4.1 Tunnels and underground structures
- 4.2 Foundations, piles and anchors
- 4.3 Excavations, slopes and embankments
- 4.4 Simultaion of laboratory/field tests
- 4.5 Other applications