Reflecting the current research and advances made in the application of numerical methods in geotechnical engineering, this volume details proceedings of the Ninth International Symposium on 'Numerical Models in Geomechanics - NUMOG IX' held in Ottawa, Canada, 25-27 August 2004.
Highlighting a number of new developments in the area, papers concentrate upon the following four main areas:
* constitutive relations for geomaterials
* numerical algorithms: formulation and performance
* modelling of transient, coupled and dynamic problems
* application of numerical techniques to practical problems.
Representing the most advanced, modern findings in the field, Numerical Models in Geomechanics is a comprehensive and impeccably-researched text, ideal for students and researchers as well as practising engineers.
1. Constitutive relations for geomaterials
2. Numerical algorithms: formulation and performance
3. Modelling of transient, coupled and dynamic problems
4. Application of numerical techniques to practical problems