Numerical Simulation of Effluent Discharges: Applications with OpenFOAM provides a resource for understanding the effluent discharge mechanisms and the approaches for modeling them. It bridges the gap between academia and industry with a focused approach in CFD modeling and providing practical examples and applications. With a detailed discussion on performing numerical modeling of effluent discharges in various ambient waters and with different discharge configurations, the book covers the application of OpenFOAM in effluent discharge modeling.
- Discusses effluent discharges into various ambient waters with different discharge configurations.
- Focuses on numerical modeling of effluent discharges.
- Covers the fundamentals in predicting the mixing characteristics of effluents resulting from desalination plants.
- Reviews the past CFD studies on the effluent discharge modeling thoroughly.
- Provides guidance to researchers and engineers on the future steps in modeling of effluent discharges.
- Includes an introduction to OpenFOAM and its application in effluent discharge modeling.
The book will benefit both academics and professional engineers practicing in the area of environmental fluid mechanics and working on the effluent discharge modeling.
Chapter 3 of this book is available for free in PDF format as Open Access from the individual product page at www.routledge.com. It has been made available under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 license.
1. Introduction. 2. An Introduction to Numerical Modeling. 3. An Introduction to OpenFOAM. 4. Applications. 5. Appendix.