Offshore Semi-Submersible Platform Engineering presents a primer on the analysis and design of semi-submersible platforms, in particular, while also covering general analysis and design guidelines of offshore compliant platforms. It introduces general structural designs and also examines the details of the various environmental impacts that act upon them, such as fatigue, fire, collisions, and water waves.
- Provides thorough coverage of the dynamic analysis and design of semi-submersible platforms
- Assists readers through detailed analysis methods using MATLAB® as well as other computer programs used to carry out structural analysis
- Explains impact loading and dynamic response through numerical analysis and examines the various factors that affect semi-submersibles
- Presented in a coursework teaching style, the content is explained in a step-by-step manner using color figures, photos, screen shots, and illustrations, thereby enabling students, researchers, and practicing engineers to carry out analysis with ease
Offshore Semi-Submersible Platform Engineering serves as a practical guide for upper-level students and graduates of various engineering disciplines, for example, naval architecture, and structural, mechanical, pipeline, and offshore engineering. Further, it can also be used as a reference for practicing professionals, as the book covers a broad range of scholarships and applications.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Semi-Submersibles. 3. Reliability and Fatigue Life. 4. Semi-Submersibles under Impact Loads. 5. Pipe-Laying Barges.
Srinivasan Chandrasekaran is a full professor of structural engineering in the Department of Ocean Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. He commands a teaching experience of about 28 years, during which he has guided about 30 research theses. He has authored 15 textbooks, published by publishers of international repute. He has also published about 160 research papers in the peer-reviewed international journals and refereed conferences. He commands domain expertise in a few areas, namely: structural dynamics, reliability and risk assessment, ocean structures and materials, advanced structural analysis, and HSE in offshore and petroleum engineering. More details can be found at: http://www.doe.iitm.ac.in/drsekaran.