First published in 1995. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Table of Contents
Prologue, Melvin Bornstein, M.D., Issue Editor
- Kohut's Testament, Lawrence Friedman, M.D.
- Nuclear Conflict and the Nuclear Self, Theodore Shapiro M.D.
- The Missing Elements in Kohut's Cure, Arnold Modell, M.D.
- Critical Reflections on the Theory of Self Psychology: An Inside View, Robert D. Stolorow, Ph.D.
- How Does Analysis Cure?: An Appreciation, Michael Franz Basch, M.D.
- Who Does Self Psychology Cure? Christopher Bollas, Ph.D.
- The Self in Psychoanalysis and in Phenomenological Philosophy, Paul Ricoeur, Ph.D.
- Self Psychology as a Postmodern Science, Stephen Toulmin, Ph.D.
- Non Omnis Moriar, Arnold Goldberg, M.D., Discussant
Epilogue, Ernest S. Wolf, M.D., Issue Editor