Stealth technology is a crucial pre-requisite in the combat zone, where swiftness, surprise and initiative are the decisive elements for survivability. The supreme goal here is to reduce the visibility of military vehicles by shaping, application of radar absorbing materials, passive cancellation, active cancellation etc. With respect to multilayered radar absorbing structures (RAS), this book presents an efficient algorithm based on particle swarm optimization (PSO), for the material selection as well as optimization of thickness of multilayered RAS models considering both normal as well as oblique incidence cases. It includes a thorough overview of the theoretical background required for the analysis of multilayered RAS as well as the step-by-step procedure for the implementation of PSO-based algorithm. The accuracy and computational efficiency of the indigenously developed code is also clearly established using relevant validations and case studies.
- Provides step-by-step procedure for the implementation of particle swarm optimization (PSO) based algorithm in the context of multilayered radar absorbing structures (RAS) design
- Helps to understand the EM design, analysis and optimization of multilayered RAS
- Describes the theoretical background required for the analysis of multilayered RAS
- Illustrates in detail the theoretical formulation supported by intuitive ray diagrams and comprehensive flowcharts to implement the algorithm with ease
- Includes elaborate validations and case studies
This book will serve as a valuable resource for students, researchers, scientists, and engineers involved in the electromagnetic design and development of multi-layered radar absorbing structures.
2. EM Wave Propagation in Multilayered Radar Absorbing
3. Application of Nature Inspired Algorithms for Optimization
4. PSO-based Algorithm for the EM Design and Optimization of
5. Validations and Performance Evaluation