Optimize Public Law
The Optimize series is designed to show you how to apply your knowledge in assessment. These concise revision guides cover the most commonly taught topics, and provide you with the tools to:
Understand the law and remember the details
- using diagrams and tables throughout to demonstrate how the law fits together
Contextualise your knowledge
- identifying and explaining how to apply legal principles for important cases
- providing cross-references and further reading to help you aim higher in essays and exams
Avoid common misunderstandings and errors
- identifying common pitfalls students encounter in class and in assessment
Reflect critically on the law
- identifying contentious areas that are up for debate and on which you will need to form an opinion
Apply what you have learned in assessment
- presenting learning objectives that reflect typical assessment criteria
- providing sample essay and exam questions, supported by end-of chapter feedback
The series is also supported by comprehensive online resources that allow you to track your progress during the run-up to exams.
‘The use of visualisation in Optimize will help students to focus on the key issues when revising.’
Michael Bromby, Higher Education Academy Discipline Lead for Law 2011–2013, Reader in Law at Glasgow Caledonian University.
‘Partnering well-explained, comprehensive content with visual tools like maps and flowcharts is what makes the Optimize series so unique. These books help students take their learning up a notch; offering support in grappling with the subject, as well as insight into what will help make their work stand out.’
Emily Allbon, Senior Lecturer in Law and creator of Lawbore, City University.
‘This series sets out the essential concepts and principles that students need to grasp in a logical way by combining memorable visual diagrams and text. Students will find that they will not easily forget what they read in this series as the unique aim higher and interaction points will leave a blueprint in their minds.’
Sanmeet Kaur Dua, Lecturer in Law, co--creator of Lawbore, City University.
‘The wide range of visual material includes diagrams, charts, tables and maps -enable students to check their knowledge and understanding on each topic area, every step of the way… When combined with carefully explained legal principles and solid, understandable examples, students will find this series provides them with a win- win solution to the study of law and developing revision techniques.’
Zoe Swan, Senior Lecturer in Law, University of Greenwich.