Clear, concise, and written by experts currently lecturing in the field, Managing People in Dynamic Organizations focuses exclusively on what you need to know for success in your business course and today's global economy.
The text brings together a vast range of ideas, models and concepts on organizational behavior from an array of fields, such as psychology, sociology, history, economics, and politics. This information is presented bite-sized digestible pieces to create an accessible and engaging style that makes it the perfect text for introductory courses covering organizations.
Key features include:
- A clear and thought-provoking introduction to organizational behaviour.
- Relevant, cutting-edge case studies with global focus.
- Hot topics such as eOrganizations, ethics, and diversity, keeping you up-to-date with current business thinking.
- Further reading, summaries, activities, key theme boxes and review questions to help reinforce your understanding.
This textbook will be a valuable resource for students of business and management studies, organisation studies, psychology, and sociology.
"This textbook has made a valuable contribution to the field of organisational behaviour studies….[It] has a user-friendly interface and major theories have been critically evaluated and justified in line with contemporary studies."
Dr. Kirk Chang, Oxford Brookes University, UK
"The concepts are easy to understand. The material presented is very appropriate - it doesn't overload you with information, and the activities and case studies help me learn better than other books. I would recommend this book to friends studying organizational behaviour."
Peng Jin, Business Studies Student, University of Westminster
"It is current, full of simple practical cases, less than half the size of other textbooks on the subject and much more straightforward…. I think it is much more appropriate for our management theory and practice students than what's currently available."
Dr. Alan White, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
"The text is a brilliant addition to the OB arena. Accessible, well structured, bright and clearly set out. It has fantastic content that not only 'tells it how it is', - but more significantly encourages students to reflect on some of the more challenging aspects of OB. The case studies are a tremendous resource for both tutors and students and the review questions are an excellent way to prepare for examinations and use as group discussion prompts. All together, a new text that I am truly excited about using!"
Julia Pointon, De Montfort University, UK
1. Organizational Behaviour: An Introduction 2. Organization and Management 3. The Individual: Personality, Perception and Attitudes 4. Motivation and Engagement 5. Groups and Teams 6. Leadership 7. Organizational Processes 8. Organizational Design and Structure 9. Organizational Culture and Change 10. Contemporary Trends and Developments in Organizational Behaviour