Passive Solar Architecture Pocket Reference
Our pocket reference books provide a wealth of practical information at your fingertips, whenever you need it. Rich in background detail, at-a-glance tables and diagrams, equations, and more, the Passive Solar Architecture Pocket Reference is a handy resource for architects, engineers and students.
- load determinants and Responses (including world wide biomes and climates, building metabolism and response, thermal sources and sinks, passive building responses to sources and sinks, tuning the building to the environment, optimizing insulation & thermal mass for comfort)
- contextual aspects (including microclimate and siting, temperatures, humidity, wind, radiation and comfort parameters
- passive components (including building envelope, passive solar terminology, orientation, apertures and glazing, thermal storage, thermal control and materials
- design tools (including sun path diagrams, sun peg diagrams, air flow relationships, thermal modelling and life cycle design
- specific functions (including passive heating, passive cooling and ventilation, natural lighting, passive water heating, resource collection and integrated design).
'It is pleasing to see so much useful data summarized in a small, convenient and affordable book.' -Architectural Science Review
'Contains copious amounts of easily understandable information.' -Building Engineer
'This little book contains all the text, tables and diagrams you’ll need to look extremely well informed in any meeting alluding to Part L, energy systems or renewable energy. It explains how we can and should make use of solar energy and apply it to the built environment.' - Celia Burt, Building Engineer