Plumbing Principles and Practice
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 7, 2021
This book provides a complete introduction to plumbing services. It explains the principles and provides practical examples of planning, design, installation and maintenance of the plumbing technologies applicable to single-storey buildings, skyscrapers and everything in between. The book begins with an introduction to plumbing technology, the trade and its evolution. Chapters then cover:
- Pipes, fittings and accessories, their installation and testing
- Pumps, pumping systems
- Hydraulic principles
- Hot and cold water supply systems
- Fixtures and appliances
- Sanitary and storm drainage systems
- And a chapter on special concerns such as seismic issues, safety, security and the state of the art
Written by a registered professional engineer and experienced teacher, this book is suitable for use on a wide range of courses from Building Services Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Plumbing Services, Environmental Engineering, Water Engineering and Architectural Technology.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. Hydraulics in Plumbing 3. Pipes and Fittings 4. Pipe Installation and Testing 5. Pump and Pumping System 6. Plumbing Accessories and Appurtenances 7. Water Supply System 8. Hot Water Supply System 9. Plumbing Fixtures and Appliances 10. Sanitary Drainage System 11. Rainwater Drainage System 12. Building Sewer System 13. Special Concerns
Syed Azizul Haq, a patent holder of "Mechanical Seal Trap", is President of the RAiN Forum - a non-profit voluntary platform for knowledge sharing and promotion of rain water among scientist, engineers, architects, planners, academicians, practitioners, administrators, students and others who are directly or indirectly concerned in sustainable water management, and a Part-time Faculty member at numbers of Universities, after serving 35 years at Public Works Department in Bangladesh.