Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with “on the go”, at a highly affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
- Common investigations (ECG, imaging, etc)
- Clinical skills (patient examination, etc.)
- Clinical specialties that students perceive as too small to merit a textbook (psychiatry, renal medicine)
- Practical, accessible introduction to a subject that students find daunting, but which juniors will encounter as part of orthopaedic and emergency rotations
- Logical, sequential content: relevant basic science; then chapters devoted to the clinical essentials of orthopaedics and the disorders and injuries seen most commonly in practice
- Descriptions of common disorders are enhanced by Clinical Scenarios (Patient presents with...), which help students and trainees to recognise and manage common presenting problems