With notable expansion in the clinical interaction between hematologists and obstetricians over the last decade, understanding and managing the clinical manifestations of hemato-obstetric science has become increasingly important.
A new reference work in this growing field, this text is a key tool in the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions, providing the reader with a user-friendly, authoritative source of information, which incorporates best practice within internationally accepted guidelines.
Clearly presented and easy to use, each chapter includes:
* differential diagnosis
* diagnostic tests and difficulties
* maternal, fetal, and potential management complications
* implications for screening and future management
* tables summarizing the key points in diagnosis and management.
A practical, reader-friendly book, this text will be an important resource for clinical staff involved in the management of pregnancy - from trainees in obstetrics, hematology and vascular medicine, to general practitioners involved in day-to-day maternity care, as well as midwifery staff and specialists in hematology, obstetrics and vascular medicine.
1. The Physiological Changes in Hematology During Pregnancy 2. Blood Groups Serology and Blood Products 3. Anemia in Pregnancy 4. Thrombophilia and Pregnancy Outcome 5. Antithrombotic Therapy in Pregnancy 6. The Management of Thrombotic Disorders 7. The Hemophilias 8. Thrombocytopenia 9. Acquired Coagulopathy in Pregnancy 10. Hemoglobinopathy 11. Future Developments