In this inspirational book, veteran teacher and school leader Will Place shares the importance of caring about others. He explains the concepts that are vital to a successful principalship: leadership, management, knowledge and accountability-and caring. Drawing on personal experience and detailed examples, Place conveys the very human need for caring and its essential role in the success of a school.
1. The Caring Principal
4. Knowledge and Accountability
5. The Role of the Human Spirit and Spirituality
6. Change and Technology: Life in the 21st Century
7. Focus on the Students
8. Balance: The Unreachable Star?
9. Quality Means More Than Quantity
10. Examples of a Caring School