Principles of Spinning Carding and Draw Frame in Spinning
This volume explains cleaning of cotton after blow room treatment and individualization process in conventional card including functions related to licker-in, cylinder, and doffer, and so forth. Description of modern card includes improved cleaning at higher production rates and individualization at such higher rates. Larger part of the book is devoted to drawing of the sliver and relative description for any modern machine including on-line controls and introduction of indicator lamp system to improve both machine and labour efficiency is discussed as well. This volume also includes the related calculation for both card and draw frame.
- Focuses on modern carding processes, functions, and attachments.
- Includes chapters on defects in carding and drawn material and related calculations.
- Highlights the features of modern draw frame, especially the drafting system.
- Discusses automation and processes of modern carding machines for improving machine efficiency.
- Describes drafting and doubling including drafting as basic processes of spinning.
This volume is aimed at senior undergraduate/Graduate students in Textile Engineering, staple fibre processing, spinning of staple fibres.