This volume explains cleaning of cotton after blow room treatment and individualization process in conventional card including functions related to licker-in, cylinder, and doffer, and so forth. Description of modern card includes improved cleaning at higher production rates and individualization at such higher rates. Larger part of the book is devoted to drawing of the sliver and relative description for any modern machine including on-line controls and introduction of indicator lamp system to improve both machine and labour efficiency is discussed as well. This volume also includes the related calculation for both card and draw frame.
- Focuses on modern carding processes, functions, and attachments.
- Includes chapters on defects in carding and drawn material and related calculations.
- Highlights the features of modern draw frame, especially the drafting system.
- Discusses automation and processes of modern carding machines for improving machine efficiency.
- Describes drafting and doubling including drafting as basic processes of spinning.
This volume is aimed at senior undergraduate/Graduate students in Textile Engineering, staple fibre processing, spinning of staple fibres.
Table of Contents
1. Carding. 2. Important Regions in Carding. 3. Stripping – Burnishing & Grinding. 4. Card Setting. 5. Developments in carding. 6. Features of Modern High Speed Carding. 7. Faults and their Elimination. 8. Draw Frame. 9. Features of Modern Draw Frame. 10. Faults in Draw Frame. 11. Card Gearing Calculations.
Dr. Ashok Khare is a graduate, post-graduate and doctorate from a well-known technological institute – Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai (formerly known as Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute). He graduated from this Institute in 1970 and went to serve a well-known textile group of Mafatlal mills. After serving for nearly 5 years in the textile mills, he returned back to his Alma mater in 1975 as a lecturer in textile technology. In the due course, he was promoted to Assistant Professor and Professor. In the last phase of his service in V.J.T.I., Mumbai, he took over as the Head of the Textile Manufacture’s Department. Almost during the same tenure, he held a position of Deputy Director in the same Institute. He has written several articles on card cleaning efficiency, role of uni-comb, extended research work on influence of doubling parameters on properties of blended doubles yarns.