The book provides the whole horizon of process engineering and plant design from concept phase through the execution to commissioning of the plant in the real practice. Providing a complete industrial perspective, the book
• Covers the guidelines and standards followed in the industry and how engineering documents are generated using these standards
• Describes Hazardous Area Classification, Relief System Design, Revamp Engineering, Interaction with Other Disciplines, and Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
• Contains several illustrated practical examples, which clarify the fundamentals to a raw chemical engineer
• Includes description of a complete chemical project from concept to commissioning
Treating the topic from the perspective of an industrial employee with extensive experience in process engineering and plant design, it aims to aid chemical and plant engineers to deal with decision making processes on strategic level, management tasks and leading functions beside the technical know-how.
Table of Contents
1. Executing a Process Plant – In a Nutshell 2. Flow Sheets 3. Plot Plan and Equipment Layouts 4. Piping and Piping Components 5. Fluid Flow – Pumps and Compressors 6. Vessel and Storage Tanks 7. Heat Exchangers 8. Air Coolers and Fired Heaters 9. Columns 10. Hazardous Area Classification 11. Instrumentation and Controls 12. Safety and Relief Systems in Process Plants 13. Hazard and Operability Study 14. Revamp Engineering 15. Interaction with Detailed Engineering Disciplines 16. Pre-commissioning and Commissioning 17. Execution of Large Projects 18. Cost Estimation. Appendix 1. Appendix 2. Appendix 3. Appendix 4.
Siddhartha Mukherjee has a B.Tech and a Ph.D in Chemical Engineering from I.I.T. Kharagpur. He has worked in key positions in two reputed engineering companies in India i.e., Air Liquide Engineering and Construction, New Delhi, and Development Consultants Limited, Kolkata.
He carries an experience of more than 30 years in the design, engineering, pre-commissioning and commissioning of refineries and petrochemicals plants and in general process engineering working on several projects in Air Liquide Engineering and Construction. In addition, he has knowledge in gasification technologies including the complete gasification block for the synthesis of downstream products. He has also worked on several international assignments.
Siddhartha Mukherjee is a life fellow of the Institute of Engineers (India) and the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers. He has several publications in national and international journals and has delivered several invited lectures in various universities and institutions. He had been listed in the Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering. He is also an Air Liquide Group "International Expert".