The goal of the world class company is to produce a product or service that offers customers the highest quality at the lowest cost and in the shortest time possible. Product Design Review describes a highly effective method for quality control in product design, as well as its applications in a wide variety of business settings.
Take care of the problems that erupt during product development by nipping them in the bud (during the design stage). Takashi Ichida describes a powerful tool insuring quality at concept stage, thereby eliminating redesign, retooling, rework, and error throughout the production process. The program he describes can be carried out through every phase of new product development - - from product planning to design, production, and marketing. Also explains how you can incorporate your customer feedback into the next production cycle.
You'll always need to modify any process improvement technology to suit your company's culture, product type, manufacturing approach, and customer needs. Product Design Review has taken case studies from a cross section of industries and describes each company's unique application of Ichida's process. You'll not only see the tremendous results these companies have achieved by using Design Review, but you'll also see the difficulties they've encountered.
Also included are five essays that compare Design Review with other innovations in manufacturing process such as artificial intelligence, checklists, quality function deployment (QFD), design of experiments (DOE), and configuration control.
PART 1: DR IN JAPAN TODAY
1. DR Overview -- Takashi Ichida
2. Analysis of DR Survey Results -- Takashi Ichida
PART 2: DR CASE STUDIES
3. DR for Building Constructiion
(Wide Variety, Single-Unit Production) -- Kiyokazu Suzuki
4. DR for Electronic Machinery (Short Lead Times)
--Kazuo Kawasaki and Takahisa Hattori
5. DR for Exhaust Fans (Consumer Products) -- Hiroshi Wada
6. DR for Electronics and Telecommunications (Complex Systems)
--Shin'ichi Takahashi and Takao Takahashi
7. DR for Software Packages (Information Systems)
8. DR for Electronic Components (Multilevel DR)
PART 3: DR ESSAYS
9. AI And Databases: DR Tools of the Future -- Tadashi Murata
10. Checklists and DR -- Sadashige Morikawa
11. Quality Function Deployment and DR
--Masaru Wantanabe and Yoji Akao
12. New DOE Methods for Reliability -- Shogo Yamamoto
13. Configuration Control: Managing Product Development
About the Author