660 pages | 129 B/W Illus.
The world, of late, has seen a productivity slowdown. Many countries continue to recover from various shocks in the macro business environment, along with structural changes and inward looking policies. In contemporary times of growth slumps, various exits and protectionist regimes, this book engages with the study of productivity dynamics in the emerging and industrialized economies. The essays address the crucial aspects, such as the roles of human capital, investment accounting and datasets, that help understanding of productivity performance of global economy and its several regions.
This book will be of interest to academics, practitioners and professionals in the field of economic growth, productivity and development studies. This will also be an important reference on empirical industrial economics in both India and the world.
Lists of figures
List of tables
List of contributors
List of abbreviations
Productivity and World Economy: New Insights
Dale W. Jorgenson
Abdul A. Erumban and Bart van Ark
Andre Hofman and Claudia Aravena Flores
Barbara M. Fraumeni
Abdul A. Erumban, Robert Inklaar and Klaas de Vries
Productivity and Growth- Country Experiences
Hak K. Pyo
Tsutomu Miyagawa, Miho Takizawa, Konomi Tonogi and Kyoji Fukao
Yih-ming Lin, Tsu-tan Fu, Hsing-chun Lin and Wen-Hsin Kong
Dale W. Jorgenson and Khuong M. Vu
Ilya B. Voskoboynikov
Harry X. Wu and David T. Liang
David Kupfer and Thiago Miguez
Francisco Gullen Martin and Alfredo Henestrosa Orozco
17. What do we know about Productivity in Arab economies - The Challenges of Generating Multifactor Productivity (MFP) Estimates at Industry Level.
Homagni Choudhury and Deb Kusum Das
India in the New Global Order: A Productivity Perspective
18. Dynamics of Labor Productivity in Indian Industry: 1980-2011
Suresh Chand Aggarwal
19. Total Factor Productivity in Indian Organised Manufacturing: the story of the Noughties
Pilu Chandra Das
20. A state level perspective of productivity growth of Indian Organized Manufacturing Sector
21. Size and Productivity in Indian Manufacturing Sector
Arup Mitra and Chandan Sharma
22. The Challenges of "Make in India": Does the Investment Climate Matter for Firm Performance?
Rajesh Raj S.N. and Kunal Sen