The book describes how to manage and successfully deliver large, complex, and expensive systems that can be composed of millions of line of software code, being developed by numerous groups throughout the globe, that interface with many hardware items being developed by geographically dispersed companies, where the system also includes people, policies, constraints, regulations, and a myriad of other factors. It focuses on how to seamlessly integrate systems, satisfy the customer’s requirements, and deliver within the budget and on time. The guide is essentially a “shopping list” of all the activities that could be conducted with tailoring guidelines to meet the needs of each project.
I. SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Software Project Management Introduction.
2. Software Project Management Activities.
3. System and Software Life Cycle Processes.
4. Software Development Methodologies.
II. Software Project Management and Quality Management Domains .
5. Software Project Management Domain.
6. Software Quality Domain.
III. Managing the Software Resources Domain .
7. Managing the Software Project Team.
8. Managing Software Costs and Schedules.
9. Managing Software Facilities, Reuse and Tools.
IV. Managing the Systems and Software Engineering Domains .
10. Systems Engineering Domain.
11. Software Engineering Domain.
12. Collaboration of Software and Systems Engineering.
V. Managing the Critical Software Elements Domain .
13. Software Documentation Work Products.
14. Software Estimating Methods.
15. Management of Software Performance with Measurements.
16. Managing Software System Sustainment