Written by two experienced psychology teachers and examiners, this textbook provides thorough coverage of both the AQA and OCR GCSE Psychology specifications. The user-friendly layout clearly identifies which sections are pertinent to each specification.
The book is produced in attractive full colour with plenty of photographs, pictures and cartoons, and provides a variety of student-friendly features, including:
- A list of the AQA and/or OCR specification requirements for each topic
- An everyday-life case study to introduce each chapter
- Numerous classroom activities
- Key terms highlighted and defined throughout the text
- Aims and Learning Outcomes, which highlight the general themes and processes (including why psychology matters, how psychology works, everyday life, ethical issues, diversity, critical thinking and methodology)
- Research studies with evaluations
- Clear and concise chapter summaries
- Exam hints and tips
- Exam-style questions.
This new edition is accompanied by a set of online multimedia resources, including powerpoint lecture courses and multiple-choice questions tests, available free-of-charge to schools who adopt this book as their text.
"A comprehensive, accurate, and informative resource for any student studying GCSE-level Psychology, whether they are following the OCR or AQA specification. Each chapter is accessible to any student, and provides ample opportunity for extension if desired. A solid, well composed textbook for any budding psychologist." – Elle Boag, Psychology Teacher, Totton College, UK