As Response-to-Intervention (RTI) models continue to attract a great deal of attention, school and district leaders need to understand the structures needed, the personnel required, the challenges faced, and rewards realized from RTI.
Questions and Answers About RTI: A Guide to Success is designed to guide a school or district through the implementation of a new RTI program. Moran and Petruzzelli deliver a concrete understanding of the components of a successful RTI model, the resources needed, and the underlying philosophy.
Educators will find this resource rich with practical examples and straight talk. It also provides an easily understandable "how-to" manual for teachers that are being asked to provide service in an RTI structure.
Table of Contents
- What is RTI, Anyway?
- Why Try Something Different?
- How Did Our District Make the Change to an RTI Model?
- What Are the Core Beliefs of Response to Intervention?
- What is the Three-Tier Model?
- What is Universal Screening?
- What is Progress Monitoring?
- Who is the RTI Team and What Do They Do?
- What Happens in Tier 1?
- What Happens If In-Class Interventions Aren't Enough?
- What Happens if Tier 2 Doesn't Work?
- How Do I Get Started in My District?
- How Can I Apply RTI in Other Areas?