Radiation Technologies and Applications in Materials Science
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2022
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book explains various kinds of non-ionizing and high energy radiations, their interaction with materials and chemical reactions, conditions of various kinds of materials development technologies including applications. It covers processing-structure-property relationship, radiations used in developing many advanced materials used in various fields. It highlights application-oriented materials synthesis and modification covering a wide variety of materials such plastics, rubber, thermo-set, ceramics and so forth by various radiations.
- Explains ionizing and non-ionizing radiation assisted materials development technologies, for polymers, ceramics, metals, and carbons.
- Covers radiation assisted synthesis, processing, and modification of all kinds of materials.
- Provides comparative studies, merits, demerits, and applications very systematically.
- Crisscrosses polymers science and technology, radiation technology, advanced materials technology, biomaterials technology and so forth.
- Includes section on 3D printing by LASER melting of CoCr alloys.
This book is aimed at researchers and graduate students in Materials Science, Radiation Chemistry and Physics, Polymer and Other Materials Processing.
Table of Contents
1. Crosslinking of polymers by various radiations: mechanisms and parameters.
S. T. Mhaske, S. U. Mestry and D. A. Patil
2. Tuning desired properties by radiation assisted tailoring of polymeric materials: processing and characterization.
S. Selambakkannu, T.M. Ting and N.L. Ishak
3. Microwave-assisted conversion of coal and biomass to activated carbon.
4. Radiation induced polymer modification and polymerization.
Tuhin Subhra Pal and Nikhil K. Singha
5. Radiation-induced graft copolymerization-A facile technology for polymer surface modification and applications.
Subhadeep Chakraborty, Soumen Sardar and Abhijit Bandyopadhyay
6. Radiation Induced processing of polymers: From mechanism to biomedical applications
Suman Mahendia, Rishi Pal Chahal, Sumit Dokwal, Vishal Sharma and Shyam Kumar
7. Radiation induced degradation and grafting of cellulosic substrates.
A. K. Rana and A. S. Singha
8. Radiation initiated tailored membranes for ready fit.
Mayank Saxena and A. Bhattacharya
9. Radiation assisted modified polymeric membranes for fuel cell applications.
Prachi Singhal, Safiya Nisar and Sunita Rattan
10. High temperature thermoplastic elastomeric materials by reactive electron treatment-challenges and opportunities.
Aiswarya S, Pratiksha Awasthi, Nischay Kodihalli Shivaprakash, Wayne Cooke, Subhan Salaeh and Shib Shankar Banerjee
11. Selective laser melting of CoCr alloys in biomedical application: A review.
J. S. Saini, Luke Dowling and Daniel Trimble
12. Radiation curing of epoxy composites.
Poornima Vijayan P, Anu Surendran and Sabu Thomas
13. Microwave assisted activated carbon: a promising class of materials for a wide range of applications.
M.N. M. Ansari and Sayem Mohammad Abu
14. Synthesis of inorganic nanoparticles by using ionizing radiation, their characterization and applications.
Jayashree Biswal, H. J. Pant and V. K. Sharma
Subhendu Ray Chowdhury currently is a ‘Senior scientific officer’ in Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, India and a faculty member of Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai, India. He is also a visiting faculty of Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) [Formerly UDCT], Matunga, Mumbai, India. Dr. Ray Chowdhury got his Ph.D. in Materials Science from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India. After completion of his Ph.D. Dr. Ray Chowdhury worked for seven years in renown Laboratories in USA, including the Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Cornell University; Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Pennsylvania State University. He has published around 70 journal papers, couple of book chapters and more that 50 conference papers in radiation assisted materials development through processing, modification, and synthesis. He has supervised several Ph.D. and post graduate students. He obtained couple of patents and transferred many technologies to Industries. His accolades and achievements include, National Award for Technology Innovation 2019, by Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt of India, CSIR research fellowship through NET (National Eligibility Test), National advisory committee membership of international conferences etc. He was involved in RCA/UNDP project on “Electron Beam Applications in Materials Science” in 2013, as an ‘International Expert Committee member’ from India. He also served as a ‘Category A, International Faculty’ on Materials Science and Electron beam for environmental remedy (RCA/UNDP PROJECT) in July 2017, Republic of Korea (South Korea). He is a regular reviewer of more than 25 reputed international journals. As an experienced researcher he uses to deliver talks as keynote speaker, invited speaker and chairs many secession in International and National conferences.