Ralf Dahrendorf on Class and Society
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 3, 2022
Originally published between 1959 and 1975 these 4 volumes are by one of the 20th Century’s foremost sociologists. The ideas of power, resistance, conflict, historical change, openness, freedom and uncertainty pervade this set and make the works as relevant now as when they were originally published. In addition they:
- Examine the structures of power in which political process takes place.
- Offer a critique of historical sociologists whilst discussing the problems of the 20th Century and how to solve them.
- Provide a cross-over with political and philosophical perspectives as well as sociological ones.
Table of Contents
1. Ralf Dahrendorf Class and Class Conflict in Industrial Society 978-1-032-19664-0
2. Ralf Dahrendorf Essays in the Theory of Society 978-1-032-19668-8
3. Ralf Dahrendorf Homo Sociologicus 978-1-032-19676-3
4. Ralf Dahrendorf The New Liberty 978-1-032-19729-6.
Ralf Dahrendorf was a German-British sociologist, philosopher, political scientist and liberal politician. He was director of the LSE and Research Professor at the Berlin Social Science Research Center.